Your team report on the status of marriage, divorce, and family planning for your selected country (ETHIOPIA) is to be submitted by each student to this Dropbox and posted by one of the team members to the Discussion Board under Marriage, Divorce, Family Planning, and Domestic Violence Discussion.
Using national and international documents, for your selected country, your team will write a report considering aspects like:
- What is the legal age of marriage? Average marriage age for females vs. males? Presence of cohabitation? Births to single women?
- What is the divorce rate? Which are the procedures to obtain a divorce?
- In terms of family planning, consider issues like: Are there laws protecting women’s rights to choose an abortion? Which are the most common contraceptive methods used for family planning? Are abortions legal? Is sex education taught at schools? Does the government provide family planning services?
- Which laws have been approved in your selected country to protect women against domestic violence? Are these laws enforced? Which statistics are available on domestic violence? On rape? On prostitution? On female genital mutilation?
- Any other relevant issues?
Review the Team Report Rubric to see how you will be evaluated. Review the Writing Instructions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Professor Oelze to assist with this report and discussion.