Assess the research methods used to conduct the study, “Workplace Bullying in the OR: Results of a Descriptive Study” (Chipps, Stelmaschuk, Albert, Bernhard and Hollomon 2013). In answering this assessment, students should:
1) discuss the rationale and background for the study
2) identify the aims and objectives of the study
3) explain the research methods used to conduct the study (including the techniques used for sampling, data collection and data analysis). After engaging in the above descriptive discussion, conduct a critical assessment of the methods used.
This should include:
4) a critical discussion of the way bullying is defined and measured in the paper
5) a critical discussion of the sampling process
6) a critical discussion of the data collection methods used
7) a critical discussion of the way the data was analysed. In your assessment, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the methodological approach showing what could have been done differently and why. Issues of validity, reliability and ethics should be addressed.