I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
To continue our discussion of cultural borders, I want us to watch a TED talk by Turkish author Elif Shafak. “In this passionate, personal talk, she reminds us that there are no binaries, in politics, emotions and our identities. ‘One should never, ever remain silent for fear of complexity,’ Shafak says” (TED).
After watching the following TED Talk by Shafak, please answer the following questions:
- What is Shafak’s thesis or main points? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
- How does Shafak support her main points? Is she successful?
- How does this TED talk support, modify or change your own understanding of cultural borders?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.