Individual Portfolio Career Piece E
For this assignment, you will complete self-assignment and self-inventory exercises, reflect on the results, articulate your professional goals and career plans, and write an action plan for implementing those goals and plans.
Complete the Work Values Card Sort and Career Skills Inventory exercise, linked in the Unit 8 studies.
For this assignment, you will write a 5–6 page paper in which you complete the following:
- Summarize the results of the required self-assessment and self-inventory exercises. Use critical thinking and your knowledge of psychology to analyze yourself. This summary can help guide your career direction.
- Describe your professional philosophy, including your goals and career plans.
- Demonstrate how your professional goals and career choices align with your values and life interests. Describe how your values relate to professional behaviors and practices.
- Apply psychological principles and knowledge to discuss how your individual motivation and attitudes will help you overcome obstacles to reach your professional goals.
- Include an action plan for implementing your career goals. This will serve as a road map to help you take concrete steps to fulfill your goals. For example, describe the steps you are planning to take to apply for a job or apply to graduate school. Discuss realistic ideas about how to implement psychological knowledge and skills in occupational pursuits that meet personal and professional goals.
You may conduct an Internet search to learn what should be included in an action plan, or you may also refer to the suggested media pieces in this unit and the “SMART Action Plan,” in Resources.
Psychology homework help