Read the article “Introducing Packaged Solutions” and complete this case study assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Define packaged solution for enterprise software customers. Determine the organizational support needed for enabling a packaged solution with an ERP software vendor, such as SAP.
- Determine the organizational, master, and transactional data in an ERP context.
- Analyze how a packaged solution eases the difficulties of data integration across the company. Provide an example to support your answer.
- Speculate the pitfalls of using packaged solutions for an enterprise and how to avoid those pitfalls.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the organizational role of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Compare and contrast organizational, master, and transactional data in an ERP context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in ERP.
- Write clearly and concisely about ERP topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.