In today’s competitive and uncertain market supply chain is becoming more and more complex due to global sourcing and priority has been placed on addressing the various challenges associated with supply chain risks and developing mitigation strategies against vulnerability.
Based on the above statement, you are asked to choose a multinational enterprise and critically discuss:
– How it manages its global supply chain including any decisions for low-cost country sourcing
– What are the areas of concern of supply chain risk and associated mitigation strategy
– How the utilisation of new technologies (e.g. big data analytics or Internet of Things, 3D Printing) can create more resilient supply chains.
You should focus on the following:
– Analyse and critically evaluate the ways in which supply chains are adapted in view of specific market dynamics and environments.
– Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of global lead-time management and time-compression.
– Critically analyse the theory, concepts and models of global supply chain management to interpret and understand complex and ambiguous risks in global logistics and supply chain environments.
– Locate, summarise and synthesise a range of information from published literature and electronic sources on GSCM.