Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on sexually explicit communication or on fair trial.
Sexually Explicit Communication Paper
- Critique the regulation of current obscenity laws. Use your text and outside research to support your paper, and address the following:
- Describe the Miller Test. What are community standards? Are community standards an appropriate way to determine obscenity?
- How do legislators use time, manner, and place restrictions, such as zoning, to regulate the expression of obscene or erotic material?
- How does federal regulation attempt to control obscenity?
Fair Trial Paper
- Analyze the legal balance between free press and the following methods by which the courts ensure a fair trial:
- Traditional judicial remedies
- Restrictive orders to control publicity
- Closure of proceedings and sealed documents
Submit your assignment.