ALS 145 Week 9 Assignment: Appointment with a Career Advisor
This is to give you an opportunity to explore and utilize the career development center services provided to you as an student.
- Schedule an appointment with a career advisor. You can do so through the Career Development Center. They have virtual Drop-ins or you can use your Handshake account to schedule an appointment with your college-specific career advisor. Prepare for your appointment. Have one or two specific and important questions to ask. Your questions could be about your cover letter, resume, internships, or interviews.
- Be sure to you arrive to appointment five minutes early.
- Ask you question(s) and then listen to your advisor’s response and take notes. Do not be afraid to ask additional questions for clarification.
- Write a 250 –350 word reflection paragraph answering the following questions
- What surprised you the most about your appointment?
- What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
- What new information did you gain and how will you use this information to secure a job in the near future?