Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) is a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing or assembly process, or a product or service.
Develop a failure mode effective analysis (FMEA) for the pipe climbing device that you are working for Design Challenge 2018.
1. Determine two components in the device that are most in need of change by identifying the failure modes, failure causes and failure effects.
2. Consider at least 5 total failure modes.
3. Carryout design FMEA for one component and process FMEA for the other one.
4. Discuss in detail the various steps involved in the process of FMEA.
5. Propose list of actions to take to prevent future failures.
6. Produce a written report.