CSCI 352 – Introduction to Digital Forenscis
Due on: 12/03/2020 11:55 PM (Thursday)
We learned Network Forensics, several pieces of information that will interest forensic investigations:
• The IP header contains the source IP address, the destination IP address, and the protocol number of the protocol in the IP packet’s payload.
• The TCP header contains the source port, destination port, a sequence number, and
several other fields.
In this project, you will need to write a program to:
• to capture the IP, TCP packets
• print out some fields in the packets
– IP: Version, IP Header Length, TTL, Protocol, Source Address, Destination Address;
– TCP: Source Port, Destination Port, Sequence Number, Acknowledgement, TCP
Students can implement this project using any high level language like C/C++, Java, Python,