Designed to promote the development of knowledge, skills and practice in encouraging and promoting effective communication with and among children.
– Definition of communication
– Portrait of your setting
– Daily record of activities as an introduction showing how communication is supported
– Choose two aspects of communication with children to research in more depth and explain the rationale behind your choices.
– Carry out at least two observations of children and evaluate findings.
– The application of available research and the carrying out of a action plan in the workplace with further analysis.
– Reflect on the development of effective communication skills observed and researched and include details of future development within your chosen areas.
Knowledge and understanding:
– Identify and discuss the key issues around how children develop communication skills and the role of the practitioner in influencing the learning process.
– Engage with aspects of complex theory and apply it to the learning process
Make and reflect on connections between subject knowledge and its application in a defined range of contexts
– Convey the principles and values associated with management of learning in the workplace
– Exercise initiative, responsibility and confident decision making in familiar and unfamiliar contexts
– Explain, evidence and use information to explore ideas drawing on relevant theory and research