1. Analyze how The Epic of Gilgamesh or The Odyssey is an epic.
2. Discuss hospitality in The Odyssey or Medea.
3. Explain the interaction of gods/goddesses with humans in 2 of the following works: The Epic
of Gilgamesh, The Odyssey, and Metamorphoses.
4. Discuss the meaning and the concept of Birthright in The Hebrew Bible.
5. Describe how 5 out of 11 Aristotle’s tragedy themes appear in Antigone and Medea (you can
pick the same 5 tragic themes to describe both if you choose).
6. Analyze how Antigone, Medea, and Lysistrata are or are not feminist works.
7. Discuss how predestination appears or doesn’t appear in the Gilgamesh, The Odyssey and
8. Out of all the characters from the works so far, who do you think is the most compelling or
fascinating character and why?